Thursday 18 April 2013

Discovering the project

I was approached by actor, Neal Williams, who I had worked with on a previous film with in my first year at AUB. He very briefly spoke to me about a film production that he was involved in that would be based on J.R.R. Tolkein's 'Lord of the Rings' and that was seeking a make-up artist.

'Lord of the Rings' was one of the films that first inspired me to become a make-up artist as I had always been fascinated in the way in which the orc characters were created using make-up and prosthetics. I was very keen to be part of a project that would enable me to design and create characters inspired by these very make-ups and therefore told Neal that he could put my name forward to the director. As the film was not being shot until the summer, and the exchange of messages between myself and Neal had been very informal I did not expect to hear anything back for some time. Surprisingly, however, I received a message from the director; Charlie Siveyer, a few hours later.


No comments:

Post a Comment